Desiree Sterling, L.Ac, DiplOM, MS, AS, HHP
- 20 years of experience with massage and bodywork, creating eclectic individualized sessions.
- 10 years of experience with Chinese Medicine with the use of acupuncture and Chinese medical botanicals for internal medicine issues.
- Uses Pulse diagnosis and Abdominal Hara diagnosis to determine Chinese medical botanical formulas and acupuncture protocols for each individual case.
- Has a long experience with chronic and acute injury rehabilitation using Neuromuscular Therapy NMT, trigger points and acupressure as an alternative to acupuncture.
- Uses a Yuan Qi acupuncture system for pain management and injury rehabilitation.
- Has experience in analyzing blood work, and gives dietary recommendations as well as supplements and nutraceuticals based on laboratory results.
- Diplomate in Canonical Chinese Medicine with the Institute of East Asian Medicine ICEAM (in progress)
- Associate of Science with a specialization in Neuromuscular Therapy and Sensory Repatterning from the International Professional School of Bodywork IPSB
- Certificate from the California Massage Therapy Council CMTC
- Master of Science in Oriental Medicine from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine PCOM, San Diego
- Licensed with the California Acupuncture Board
- Diplomate in Oriental Medicines with the NCCAOM
- Licensed through the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork NCBTMB
- Diplomate in Acupuncture from the Norwegian College of Acupuncture NFKA
- Certificate in Aromatherapy with the Shirley Price International College of Aromatherapy.
- Licensed Physical Therapist in Oslo, Norway